Cardamom Health Benefits
Cardamom also known as cumin cardamom is one of the most famous Indian spices. Popularly known as Elaichi in India, it is the ruler of flavors. It contains an aromatic fragrance which is used for adding flavor to the Indian cuisines. Apart from having an exclusive taste and flavor, this herb has numerous health benefits. There are commonly two kinds of cardamom herbs known in India, one is green cardamom and the other one is black cardamom. Green cardamom is also known as true cardamom. It is also used in providing fragrance and flavor to the food and it is also used in various beverages like Tea.
Here are some common Health Benefits of Cardamom:
- It contains stimulative and digestive properties that enhances the appetite and helps in fighting indigestion, acidity, nausea, constipation and gas etc.
- It contains antibacterial action which helps in treating mouth ulcers, teeth and mouth ulcers etc.
- Cardamom detoxifies the body and benefits in urinary tract infections as it contains excellent diuretic properties.
- Cardamom contains expectorant properties that removes and soothe the mucus membranes. It also relieves sore throat and fight against cough, cold and other respiratory allergies.
- It also works as an antidote to snake or scorpion bites.
- Cardamom oil when added to bathing water releases all sorts of stress and tensions from the mind and relaxes the body.
- It helps in lowering the blood pressure and also prevents blood clots.
Some Natural Remedies prepared by Cardamom:
- Consumption of 2 crushed cardamoms with honey helps in fighting stomachache.
- Chewing 2 cardamom pods empty stomach followed by a glass of milk can help in curing blood from bile.
- Chewing one cardamom pod before going out in the sun will help in fighting from heat strokes.
- Boil 5 mint leaves and two cardamoms in water, drink it. This will reduce hiccups.
- Apply cardamom paste on the forehead to relieve headache.